7.08.2012

The Blog Is Back.

After returning from a two month trip to South Africa this past week, I realized that it has been almost ONE YEAR since I have posted. I really just left everyone hanging, didn't I? I think that after graduating from nursing school and starting my new career, I got so caught up in the rush of the everyday American lifestyle, and my responsibility of caring for those here in America, that I somehow disconnected myself from something just as, if not more important to me: bringing what awareness that I, myself, can bring of what is going on in the communities of South Africa, my home away from home.

 I can't seem to force myself to post many photos of my trip on Facebook, because each photo has a personal story behind it. Each photo has an explanation greater than any photo caption can describe. I don't want people seeing photos without descriptions and not knowing their whole story and just simply thinking "Awww, look at that cute little black baby!" These babies have names. These babies have stories. And these babies are my family.

 So, let's get this blog back up and running! These people need to be known.







1 comment: