6.01.2011

Awareness

...is what I wish to instill in each and every person that reads and shares this blog. The awareness of the many empty tummy's needing to be fed. The awareness of the bare feet, callused and in desperate need of shoes. Awareness of those living in a self made home of scrap metal, praying for a safe and sturdy home. South Africa. A land that will be a part of me forever. We can't all drop what we're doing to travel and help out first hand, but we CAN make a difference from afar. I have decided to create this blog to share my stories and photos of my experiences in Africa. Although these stories and photos cannot do near as much justice as I would like for them to, they can help to create awareness here in our hometowns in America.



The organization I stayed and worked with for two weeks is Ten Thousand Homes. TTH works to create a sense of hope and belonging, and builds homes for and helps to feed the orphaned and vulnerable children of Africa. During my stay, I met so many incredible people and team members, providing for and changing the lives of others, in countless ways. Immediately I was hooked. I'm destined to continue to help out, even while I am back at home, and am determined to spread knowledge and share stories in order to make others aware. I ask that you pray for the children and families in need and for the members of Ten Thousand Homes, share my blog and my story with as many people possible and seek to become more aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment